TRAI took a revolutionary move in the Indian telecom industry and brought MNP (Mobile Network Portability) system. Every telco is bound with TRAI’s new rule and will be fined if fails. The new rule helps Indian mobile users a lot. Port your mobile number hassle-free.
What is MNP (Mobile Network Portability)?
MNP system is a way where a user can change his mobile number without changing the existing mobile number. If a user is not satisfied with his existing mobile operator, in this case, he can port his number out in a new network with the help of MNP. It takes 7 days to put him in a new mobile network.
Mobile users can switch between mobile operators like Jio, Airtel, VodafoneIdea or BSNL.
How to Port Mobile Number Without Changing Existing Number
If you want to change your mobile number without changing the existing number. Follow the following steps and you will be ported to the new mobile network within 7 days successfully.
- First type Port <space> 10 digits of mobile number and send to 1900 from your mobile number which will be ported to another network. (ie. Port 98XXXXXXXX and send to 1900)
- Once an SMS sent, you will receive a UPC (Unique Porting Code) code from your existing mobile operator
- Now reach out to the nearest customer service centre of your new mobile operator where you would like to port your number (ie. Jio, Airtel, VodafoneIdea, etc)
- Fill new application form for a connection, either hard copy or digital and use UPC in the designated section.
- You need to submit your identity and address proofs with the sign-up form.
- The new mobile operator will charge Rs 19 as a fee of porting and an extra cost of new SIM kit.
- It will take 7 days to port your number in other networks.
Stay connected with your beloved in a new mobile network. 🙂