E-Shram card: The purpose of the E-Shram Portal is to make it easier for the 38 core workers of the unorganized sector to get jobs across the country. Along with jobs, they also have security guarantees like insurance. These include construction workers, migrant workers, street vendors, domestic workers, etc.
In August this year, the central government launched the E-Shram Portal for the workers of the unorganized class. The government hopes that 38 crore workers across the country will benefit from this, they have to register on this portal. The workers of the unorganized sector who register on this portal get the benefits of government schemes and services.
What are the benefits of an e-shram card?
- After getting an e-shram card, it will be easy for the workers to get work in any part of the country.
- Through this card, workers can also take advantage of different social security schemes.
- Free accident insurance is also being given under this card.
- In case of death of a registered worker in an accident or in case of complete disability, the worker or family will get an insurance amount of up to two lakhs.
- In case of partial disability, this amount will be available for up to one lakh rupees.
To take this benefit, a simple process has to be followed. Any worker with whom the accident happens, his nominee can claim the insurance amount on the portal of e-Shram itself or can also contact his bank.
What documents will be needed for registering on E-Shram Portal
- For registration on the E-Shram portal, workers will have to enter information like name, profession, address, educational qualification, and skill.
- As soon as you enter the Aadhaar number for registration, all the information of the worker from the database will automatically be visible on the portal.
- The person has to fill in the rest of the required information.
The following documents are required by a worker to register on an e-shram portal.
- Aadhar number
- The mobile number linked with Aadhar
- Bank account
In case a worker does not have a mobile number linked with Aadhaar, he/she can visit the nearest CSC and register through biometric authentication.
How and who can register on E-Shram Portal
E-Shram Portal is made for the workers in the unorganized sector including construction workers, migrant workers, street vendors, domestic workers, etc.
- Any person aged 16 to 59 years can register for this card.
- The applicant must not be a member of EPFO and ESIC.
- The worker should not be a taxpayer.
- The registration can either be done by the worker himself or by visiting the Common Service Center (CSC) through an e-shram portal https://eshram.gov.in/.
- Registration is completely free.
- The workers will not have to make any payment for registration on the portal or Common Service Centre.
After the registration, the 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN) will be given in an e-Shram card. This card will be valid everywhere in the country. The UAN number will be a permanent number i.e. once provided, it will remain unchanged for the worker. E-Shram Card is valid for a lifetime. So there is no need for its renewal.
Workers can regularly update their details, mobile number, current address, etc. To keep your account active, it is necessary to update your account at least once a year. Workers can update their details by visiting the e-shram portal or through CSC. Details that can be updated include mobile number, current address, occupation, educational qualification, skill type, family details, etc.
How to download an E-Shram card online
It is easy to download e-shram cards online on the e-shram portal. You can download and save e-shram card pdf on your phone or take a printout.
- Go to the e-shram portal – https://eshram.gov.in/
- Enter the Aadhaar linked mobile number
- Enter captcha
- And click on send OTP
- Once the mobile number is verified, enter your Aadhar number again and verify Aadhar with OTP
- Once Aadhar is verified, click on the download UAN card and your e-sharm card will be downloaded